Cabin crew dilemma

Discussion Forums Middle East Airlines Emirates Cabin crew dilemma

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Moderator Mateusz Maszczynski 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    catchingflights
    Brishti
    Participant

Hi! I am hoping get some insight and advice from you today! I have been gravely unhappy in my current desk job|9-5 career past couple of years and last year I decided to finally make a change. The only thing about my job that I really enjoyed was customer service and interaction with people though more and more my role started to become rigid and revolving around boardroom meetings. I travel quite a lot and to be honest last 2 years I only worked just to be able to save enough money and traveled around. Every time I came back home from visiting a new country, I just wanted to book another flight. The thought of stepping into airport, going to new destinations and meeting new people were something that would literally give me thrills. Last year I decided to finally change my career and that’s when I started to looking for flight attendant career. Beside the obvious travel factor, the most important thing that drew me was being able to serve people with high level training and carrying an uniform with that much responsibility and meeting new people and have the opportunity of being part of their travel story – it’s all so exciting and honestly I have been in that verge of missing that excitement for a while! I have applied to my home country’s flagship airline and it’s been a long process. First time the role was already filled in and second time I have gone through language tests and still waiting to hear if they want to have a face to face interview! In the meantime I have been trying for Emirates (that’s like pearl of the airlines). I flew overseas one time and got rejected during open day. Second and third time – both time in my hometown -I made it till the last round of assessment day.  I won’t lie it’s been frustrating. Every time I have learned something but someone told me other day at Emirates age is a big factor and since I just turned 29, I am wondering if it’s too late for me. Should I try again? Is it fruitless to try at my age? I have been trying to stay positive but it’s been really tough specially when you feel you lost your chance because you were too afraid to listen to your inner voice earlier and make a change with your career. And now it’s too late! Sorry about the long post. Just literally poured my heart and all dilemma ?

Oh my goodness.  It’s so nice to read your story… And our one tip – don’t give up!  Cross fingers you’ll get an interview and go all the way with your national airline but don’t give up on Emirates either.  You clearly have something that recruiters are looking for but sometimes it’s a case of trial and error.  Okay, we get why you might be concerned about applying for Emirates at age 29 but even if they do have a maximum age limit you are well within what we suspect it might be.

Definitely keep on trying.  You sound like you would be absolutely fantastic to have on-board.  The very best of luck and please do keep up updated!!

catchingflights
    Brishti
    Participant

Thank you so much for the kind reply! Your words are so encouraging and it was exactly what I needed to hear. I also wanted to take the opportunity to express a deep gratitude (and I am sure I speak for many of us who read your posts religiously) for all your hard work, sharing your knowledge and keeping our aviation dreams alive through your vigorous research. Honestly every morning before even I read through the newspaper feeds, I open your page first to see if you have posted anything☺️ I even shared your site with lots of cabin crew wannabes I met at open days! Thanks again!!???

1 user thanked author for this post.

?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.