Time for Joining

Discussion Forums Middle East Airlines Emirates Time for Joining

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Karo123 Karo123 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Karo123
    Karo123
    Participant

Hi,

I have a question regarding this period of 6 months you have to join Emirates afrer being successful. It is 6 months from Final Interview, GD or the day they give you a final confirmation that you are successful? I don’t know if it’s worth to attend an Open Day now, in January if I know that I would be able to join in August. From the other hand sometimes it takes long weeks till you receive a GD and I wouldnt like to miss a chance to attend an OD in my hometown.

Thank you in advance for your answer. 🙂

Hello there and a very warm welcome to the community!

I presume you might have final exams coming up or another commitment that would prevent you from joining until August? Unfortunately, there is no formal policy that Emirates will allow a successful candidate to defer their joining date for 6-months.  Recruiters do, on occasion, allow candidates to delay their joining date for a short period but 6-months is almost completely unheard of.

I realise that this is disappointing news but you should aim to be as ready as possible when you attend an Open Day or submit an online application.  The entire recruitment process can take between 3-4 months so if you do want to apply before you’re ready then this is a good period to do so.

The very best of luck!

Karo123
    Karo123
    Participant

Thank you so much for warm welcome and for your reply! 🙂

I am almost sure that when I attend AC in May last year the Recruiter was talking about this 6 months for joining but I didnt remember the details.

That’s a pity but I suspected it can be like this.

Many thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.